Author: Derek Amato
- 2 19 oz boxes of Martha White – White Cornbread Mix
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz of chicken broth, or more depending on the consistancy you want
- 7 green onions
- Make the cornbread according to the instructions on the box with the milk and eggs, this should make 2 9 x 13 pans of cornbread, it's best to do this ahead of time so that the cornbread has time to dry out so it will soak up the flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the diced onions and bell peppers to a large saucepan with some oil and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add the ground meat to the pot and cook until browned.
- Strain off the grease and add the meat to a very large roaster pan.
- Pull the rotisserie chicken and add the meat to the pan.
- Crumble both pans of cornbread into the pan.
- Add the soups, green onions, and ½ of the chicken broth and stir until well combined.
- Put it in the oven for 1 - 1½ hours stirring every 15 mins or so adding salt, pepper, Tonys to taste, also adjusting the consistency by adding more chicken broth.
- It should have a gummy consistency and you will probably use the whole 32 oz, carton of chicken broth.
- Serve hot with brown gravy on top.