Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Loaf
Author: Derek Amato
- 1½ cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 - 3 tbls lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil the bottom and sides of a 9x5 loaf pan, dust with flour and tap off the excess.
- In a medium work bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium work bowl whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- In a small work bowl dust the blueberries with flour to coat and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and into the oven for 50-55 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the loaf is cooling begin the syrup in a medium saucepan, mix the lemon juice and sugar and stir over medium heat until completely dissolved, cook for 2 or 3 mins after it dissolves.
- Poke holes in the loaf while it's still warm and drizzle or brush the syrup over the entire cake so it soaks into the holes.
- Let the loaf cool completely then make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until all lumps are gone, you can adjust the thickness of the glaze by adding more sugar or more juice.
- Pour the glaze over the entire cake and let sit for 10 mins.
- Store in the refrigerator.