Mississippi Mud Pie
Author: Mary Bacon
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ stick butter
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 2 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 16 oz container of Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Cut the butter into the flour and add the pecans, mixing thoroughly.
- Press the crust into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Next cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar then mix in ½ of the Cool Whip and spread over the cooled crust.
- Mix the pudding and milk together until thickened, let sit for 5 mins.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer and top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.