Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Author: Derek Amato
- 2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 oz of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 5 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 tsp of salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp of white pepper, or to taste
- ¼ tsp of Tonys, or to taste
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 cups of shredded medium cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 slices of cooked, crispy, crumbled bacon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, then drain.
- In a large bowl add the butter and cream cheese and mash.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, green onions, salt, pepper, Tonys and ½ of the cheddar cheese.
- Move the contents to a buttered dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon then return to the oven uncovered to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot.
Any type of potatoes will do for this recipe. I used a mixture of a few different types.