Cajun Trail Mix
Author: Derek Amato
- 4 cups of corn Chex
- 2 cups of shredded wheat
- 2 cups of Cheez-Its
- 2 cups of melba toast
- 1 cup of pretzel sticks
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbls of dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp of Mrs Dash
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp of hot sauce
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of Tony's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl gently mix all ingredients except the butter and spices until they are combined.
- Add the hot sauce to the butter and stir.
- In a small bowl mix all of the spices until they are combined.
- Slowly alternate pouring the butter then the spices over the ingredients in batches while mixing, trying to incorporate everything evenly.
- On a large sheet pan dump the mixture out and spread as thin as you can and put it into the oven for 40 mins.
- Every 15 mins or so stir the mixture until it is done.
- Let cool and serve.
You can substitute the 4 cups of corn Chex with 2 cups of corn Chex and 2 cups of rice Chex.