Meaty Tomato Chili
Author: Derek Amato
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 lb of sausage
- 3 15 oz cans of chili beans, drained, but not rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of chili beans with sauce
- 2 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 4 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ cup of beer
- ¼ cup of chili powder
- 1 tbls of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbls of minced garlic
- 1 tbls of dried oregano
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- In a large pot sweat the onion, celery, and bell peppers with a little olive oil for about 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain the grease and return the meat to the pot.
- Dump the rest of the ingredients into the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring it up to a simmer and let it cook for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, or Frito's as garnish.