Author: Derek Amato
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1½ lb of ground beef
- 2 15 oz cans of pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 1 can of refried beans
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel with juice
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- In a large pot sweat the onion with a little olive oil for about 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain the grease and return the meat to the pot.
- Dump the rest of the ingredients into the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring it up to a simmer and let it cook for at least an hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese, green onions, or sour cream as garnish.