Ooey Gooey Squares
Author: Derek Amato
- 16.5 oz yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the cake mix, butter, 1 egg, and water until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with oil or Pam.
- Empty the batter into the pan and press down as evenly as you can across the bottom.
- Pour the chocolate chips on top and set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 egg whites, and vanilla until there are no lumps.
- Pour this mixture over the chocolate chips and spread evenly across the pan to the edges. (The chocolate chips will get mixed up in this top layer)
- Bake for 45 mins or until the top browns thoroughly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack then cut into even squares.