Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Author: Derek Amato
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 5 tbls of butter, melted
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1¼ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour the bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well in between then add the rest of the Cake Batter ingredients and mix to combine then set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients of the Cinnamon Batter then set aside.
- Pour half of the Cake Batter mixture in the bundt pan, then pour the Cinnamon Batter mixture over it, then finally cover that with the remaining half of the Cake Batter.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean, then cool for about 10 mins before removing from the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla, until it's smooth and creamy, then start adding the powdered sugar until you have a consistency that you like (you can add a little milk to thin the icing out if it gets too thick).
- Pour the icing over the de-panned cake and serve.