Lemon Poke Cake
Author: Derek Amato
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of instant lemon pudding mix
- ¾ cup of vegitable oil
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbls of butter, melted
- 2 tbls of water
- ⅓ cup of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl beat together all of the batter ingredients until well combined.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and pour in the batter, bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all of the glaze ingredients together until there are no more lumps of powdered sugar.
- If the glaze is too thick you can add some milk and if it's too thin just add more powdered sugar, you want it to be thin enough to soak into the cake but not a watery consistency.
- While still warm poke holes all over the top of the cake with a fork or a wooden chopstick then drizzle the glaze over the whole thing making sure to coat every inch.
- Wait until the cake is completely cooled before serving and store in the refrigerator between servings.