White American Mac And Cheese
Author: Derek Amato
Mac And Cheese
- 16 oz of large elbow macaroni
- 4 tbls of butter
- 2 tbls of flour
- 1 tbls of dried mustard
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of Tonys
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 pounds of white american cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 pats of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease the serving pan
- Boil the macaroni as directed and set it aside.
- Melt 4 tbls of butter in a large sauce pan or pot, stir in the flour and mustard whisking constantly for about 5 mins.
- Slowly stir in the milk, paprika, Tonys, and salt and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Add ¾ of the cheese into sauce little by little until melted thoroughly.
- Stir in the macaroni until well combined and pour into the serving pan.
- Add the remaining ¼ of cheese evenly on top.
- Toss the bread crumbs with the Parmesan and sprinkle evenly on top then add the pats of butter evenly across the dish.
- Cook for 20 mins uncovered.
If white american cheese isn't available you can use creamy white cheddar.