Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Topped With Stuffing
Author: Derek Amato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 cans french style green beans, drained
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ½ lb Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 6 oz pack of cornbread stuffing mix, savory herbs or chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan and set it aside.
- In a saucepan heat the water and butter at medium heat until water is hot and butter is melted, remove from heat.
- Add the stuffing mix and stir just until moistened
- Let stand for a minute and then fluff it up with a fork.
- In another saucepan add the onion with a little oil and saute until soft.
- Add the mushroom soup and milk and heat over medium low heat.
- Stir in the green beans and pepper until mixed thoroughly and it is warmed throughout.
- Pour the mixture into the preped pan and top with the small cubes of Velveeta.
- Spread the stuffing over the casserole and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the stuffing is lightly browned and casserole is bubbling.