Tater-Topped Vegi Casserole
Author: Derek Amato
- ½ of an onion, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 16 oz pack of frozen vegetables, thawed under water and drained on paper towels
- 1 small can of french fried onions
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 can of Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 32 oz pack of frozen tater tots, slightly thawed
- 8 oz of medium cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot sweat the onion with a little olive oil for about 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain the grease on paper towels and spread it evenly in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Then layer on the vegetables and french fried onions, and put pats of butter all over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soups and milk until smooth and spread it evenly over the vegetables.
- Top with the tater tots and bake uncovered for an hour or until the tots are golden brown.
- Top with the grated cheese and put back in the oven just to melt the cheese, then serve hot.