Lemon Icebox Pie
Author: Derek Amato
This recipe is for a Lemon Icebox Pie but can be modified for any type of Icebox Pie. Just replace the zest and juice with any ½ cup of fruit juice and the Kool-Aid packet to match. Some examples: Lime juice for a Key Lime Icebox Pie Orange juice for a Dreamsicle Pie Strawberry pulp for a Strawberry Icebox Pie Blueberry pulp for a Blueberry Icebox Pie Blackberry pulp for a Blackberry Icebox Pie Raspberry pulp for a Raspberry Icebox Pie Mango pulp for a Mango Icebox Pie Pineapple pulp for a Pineapple Icebox Pie Kiwi pulp for a Kiwi Icebox Pie
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons or ½ cup
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 packet of Kool-Aid Lemonade mix
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip, divided
- 16 Nilla Wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Run the sleeve of graham crackers through the food processor until they are crumbs.
- Microwave the stick of butter until melted.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and butter together and press into a pie plate going up the sides and bake for about 10 mins, then let cool
- Combine the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Kool-Aid packet in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add ½ the tub of the Cool Whip and fold in until completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and insert Nilla Wafers around the rim.
- Put the pie into the freezer for an hour or two then spread the other ½ of the Cool Whip on top.
- Store in the freezer.
You can also add food coloring to make the filling more of a yellow color.