- 3 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 (49-1/2-ounce) can chicken broth (Or use 2 rotisserie chickens to replace both of above ingredients)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup grapes, cut into 4ths
- Place chicken breasts in a large skillet; add chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and let stand 15 minutes or until cool to touch. Shred chicken (I use a fork to shred it which is time-consuming but gives it a wonderful texture).
- (Or use rotisserie chicken!)
- Combine shredded chicken, celery, water chestnuts, bell peppers, onion, grapes, and raisins.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ground red pepper, salt, and white pepper until well blended.
- Spoon over shredded chicken mixture, stirring to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.